LEWY BODY DAILY JOURNAL

This is the story of Pam and John; she in her early 50’s and John is 62. Pam is a college professor. John taught at a local community college until diagnosed with Parkinson’s in March 2008, then Lewy Body Dementia in April.

-------

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Travel

John and I flew together to Boston today for our daughter's parents' weekend. While he has apparently done fine traveling on his own, I find it hard not to get impatient traveling with him. I had to stop him from getting on the wrong rental car bus--arrangements he had made. A couple of other times he acknowledged he had gotten confused, as well as just the slowness.

We are staying with my mother, who is impressed by how cheerful he is. She says he seems more engaged. I said I think a lot of that is the benefits of Alzheimer's medication (I think she should try taking it fairly soon).

No comments: