LEWY BODY DAILY JOURNAL

This is the story of Pam and John; she in her early 50’s and John is 62. Pam is a college professor. John taught at a local community college until diagnosed with Parkinson’s in March 2008, then Lewy Body Dementia in April.

-------

Thursday, October 16, 2008

discouraged

I told my massage therapist that I had been thinking it was time to settle down and see John's situation as likely to be fairly stable for a while, get myself out of crisis mode. And then having to miss my class yesterday to take John to the doctor felt like crisis mode again. The massage therapist said I will need to be able to rapidly switch back and forth between chronic mode and crisis mode. I said I have a hard time with that kind of transition. He said I will get good at it. Sigh. I don't want to get good at it!

No comments: