LEWY BODY DAILY JOURNAL

This is the story of Pam and John; she in her early 50’s and John is 62. Pam is a college professor. John taught at a local community college until diagnosed with Parkinson’s in March 2008, then Lewy Body Dementia in April.

-------

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Who I am

  • I'm a childhood sexual abuse survivor who has found healing.
  • I'm a mother of two honorable kids.
  • I'm a feminist, and that is particularly important to me because it was crucial to my healing.
  • I have a job doing work I deeply believe in.
  • I am a child of God.
  • I am learning to be a caregiver.

I think we each must find our own personal way of making sense of the caregiver role. I haven't found mine yet, but I believe I will. I'm going to find it by basing it in who I am, not by trying to be someone I am not.

No comments: