LEWY BODY DAILY JOURNAL

This is the story of Pam and John; she in her early 50’s and John is 62. Pam is a college professor. John taught at a local community college until diagnosed with Parkinson’s in March 2008, then Lewy Body Dementia in April.

-------

Monday, February 23, 2009

I give up

I had the stomach flu in the early hours of Sunday morning. I was through the acute phase so I traveled home Sunday afternoon but it was hard and I've felt very weak today. And sore--I strained a muscle under my breastbone during the acute stage. Over the weekend I cooked healthy food for my daughter, who had a cough, and encouraged her to catch up on sleep, but she reports that today she was sicker and didn't go to her classes. I'm going away again Thursday for a professional conference in Tallahasse, and my two commitments there are Thursday and Saturday afternoons so I can't shorten the trip even though I am driving. I did try to make the first step towards setting up for our son to revisit a college, but they are on spring break the same two weeks he is. I haven't been able to deal with calling about missing forms for our taxes much less with taking the next step towards house renovations. And John is worried about our sex life.

No comments: