LEWY BODY DAILY JOURNAL

This is the story of Pam and John; she in her early 50’s and John is 62. Pam is a college professor. John taught at a local community college until diagnosed with Parkinson’s in March 2008, then Lewy Body Dementia in April.

-------

Friday, February 13, 2009

how to prioritize

I ordered a chair for John's aunt, which she needs when she moves back to her apartment Monday. It was ready today but I didn't get the message, and I don't know what I would have done if I had. I don't have to be at every session of the conference this weekend, but it seemed fairly important to be there this afternoon. John didn't have time to go get the chair even if I had gotten the message. The store isn't open over the weekend (it is an oldfashioned office furniture store). Do I go pick it up Monday morning? It would disrupt my day, but I could certainly be back in time for my class. Tomorrow I should probably go to Florence's apartment when the physical therapist is there. I just hope that isn't at the same time as the session I most want to see at the conference. Should I cancel the commitment I have Monday afternoon so I can help with her moving back to her apartment? Or the commitment I have Wednesday so I can help John take her to the orthopedist?

No comments: