LEWY BODY DAILY JOURNAL

This is the story of Pam and John; she in her early 50’s and John is 62. Pam is a college professor. John taught at a local community college until diagnosed with Parkinson’s in March 2008, then Lewy Body Dementia in April.

-------

Thursday, April 16, 2009

windows washed

We got our windows washed today (the joy of living in a rural area was that it cost $12 per window). John was upset when he got home that they didn't look better, but I remember that even years ago there was stuff between the two layers of glass. He called me to tell me we needed to do something about the window washing people not doing a good job. I said I would deal with it and by the time I got home he didn't bring up the issue again. I'm noticing having to calm him down about things occasionally.

I opened all the curtains and shades for the window washers and it was so nice to have the extra light in the house. There is a small window on John's side of the bed and he keeps the shade drawn all the time. I had forgotten how much I like the shade open.