LEWY BODY DAILY JOURNAL

This is the story of Pam and John; she in her early 50’s and John is 62. Pam is a college professor. John taught at a local community college until diagnosed with Parkinson’s in March 2008, then Lewy Body Dementia in April.

-------

Thursday, April 9, 2009

busy

Yesterday I had some free time and the help of the undergraduate who works for us and got the garage almost completely cleaned out. John and the decluttering person did I think get more done today than last week when I was away. The main visible result is a lot of bags of trash piled in my office. I made the mistake of complaining about lack of visible progress and John got defensive about how hard he had worked. It is hard for him, and hard for me to recognize how hard it is for him to do things that go quickly for me. I can take on some joint areas like the garage but in other parts of the house the chaos is his and I need him to go through his stuff.

I went over Aunt Florence's list of medicines last night and saw several to be concerned about, including a hormone blocker to reduce the risk of breast cancer recurrence that can cause bone thinning. I don't think that is the right choice at 98 years old.

Three hours this afternoon with another contractor. We are hoping to have the bids by the end of next week.

No comments: