LEWY BODY DAILY JOURNAL

This is the story of Pam and John; she in her early 50’s and John is 62. Pam is a college professor. John taught at a local community college until diagnosed with Parkinson’s in March 2008, then Lewy Body Dementia in April.

-------

Monday, April 6, 2009

no way to know

I went with John and his aunt to her appointment with an orthopedist. Two weeks ago John took her without me and afterwards told me the orthopedist said she didn't have a new fracture, just arthritis from trying to do too much while healing from the old fracture. Today I asked about the arthritis and the doctor looked at me like I wasn't making sense and said she is healing from a fracture of her tailbone as well as the earlier fracture of her pelvis. So did John misunderstand two weeks ago or was the doctor covering up something he missed then? No way to know.

No comments: