LEWY BODY DAILY JOURNAL

This is the story of Pam and John; she in her early 50’s and John is 62. Pam is a college professor. John taught at a local community college until diagnosed with Parkinson’s in March 2008, then Lewy Body Dementia in April.

-------

Friday, March 27, 2009

an evening out

John suggested going to a dance performance last night and initially I was uncertain because I knew I had to be up late the night before and get up early that morning. But when a colleague offered me tickets he couldn't use we decided to go. It was different than anything I had seen before--ballet technique (toe shoes) to jazz and bluegrass music.

John is usually pretty conservative in his tastes, but he seemed to enjoy it a lot. I actually had more trouble wrapping my mind around it because I grew up with such a conservative idea of ballet (my mother had a friend who danced for New York City Ballet in the 1960s). I'm glad we went.

No comments: